Velocity = Number of story points completed during a sprint (iteration)
- Every story scheduled in the sprint has a story point
- The sum total of all the story points of all the stories scheduled in the sprint is known as planned Velocity
- The total number of story points achieved at the end a sprint is the velocity of that sprint
- While planning the next sprint, one is supposed to include only as many stories whose total story point is equal to the previous sprints velocity
- At the end sprint#1, if we completed stories worth 50 story points, then the velocity of sprint#1 = 50
- While planning sprint#2, the total story points of all the stories scheduled in sprint#2 must equal to 50. Not more, not less.