RP#2 Guide to Digital PMO
The objective of this research project is to develop and release to the project management community ‘A guide to the implementation of Digital PMO’.
Lack of transparency about project, program and portfolio progress is the biggest challenge most of the project managers, controllers, PMO’s , Owners and Contractors are facing on the field. The reasons for this are many ranging from lack of systems and procedures to lack of rigour in monitoring and controlling. This research project focuses on capturing the common challenges in implementing Digital PMO at the workplace.
We are seeking volunteers from EPC projects to work along with our experts for developing a Guide to support implementation of digital PMO.
Ideal volunteer profile
- Graduate engineer with experience in engineering projects (preferable)
- Must be willing to share insights about digital PMO implementation challenges, opportunities with the research team
Benefits to Volunteers
- PDUs (Credit) for the hours spent in the project
- Your name in the contributers list
Benefits to PMRI & Project Management Community
- Documented case studies
- Recommended best practice document
Major findings reported by engineering teams after implementing digital PMO
- Almost realtime progress information
- Better forecasting of cost and schedule
- Improved risk management
- Ability to work remotely
- Clarity of tasks to be performed
- Unified ways of working
- Increased accountability of tasks